Debriefing in a Biblical Perspective
To begin the academic year 2018-2019, the Congo Initiative staffs gathered in a retreat around the theme "Practice of Debriefing in a Biblical Perspective" with Pastor Daniel Masumbuko as speaker. The objectives of this activity included:
- Prayer for the region, the country and the starting of the academic year 2018-2019
- Experiencing Trauma and Cumulative Stress Healing through Debriefing in a Biblical Perspective
- Connect more with God as individual and family
- Rejoice in community around a meal
During the session, an exercise for assessing the stress level of each participant was given for more awareness of the situation. This exercise was individual.
The last part of the session was the debriefing. On a paper, draw a table of 3 columns with the titles EVENT, SHOCK and DECISION.
- Step 1: Remember all the events (crisis, change, criticism, concern, conflict) that would have triggered a shock and that in turn led to decision making.
- Step 2: Pray for the shock and confess the decision taken under shock
- Step 3: Fold the paper and nail it on the cross representing the Golgotha cross.
- Step 4: Through prayer, abandon all burdens to the cross and proclaim liberation.
- Step 5: Burn the papers and confess 2 Corinthians 5: 17-19 followed by thanksgiving.
The participants of the workshop were delighted to have gained new knowledge but also to have participated in this exercise which allowed them to surrender their burdens at the cross of Jesus Christ and obtain relief.